How a Chiropractor on Our Chiropractic Care Team Can Help with Neck Pain
Many American adults experience neck pain at one point in their lives and neck pain can make your daily life more difficult. Neck and shoulder pain might also be found together because the neck and shoulder are close to each other and can share common causes of pain, such as poor posture. Chiropractic treatment is one way of addressing neck pain. At Premier Chiropractic Clinic, serving McMurray, PA, and Pittsburgh, PA, we have chiropractors that can help treat neck and shoulder pain and other musculoskeletal issues.
Common Causes of Neck Pain
Potential causes for neck pain include:
- Aging: The cervical spine experiences natural wear and tear as you age, resulting in degeneration or deterioration, causing neck pain. Some degenerative conditions are spinal stenosis (the narrowing of the channel in the spine) and osteoarthritis. Moreover, stress and repeated movement can weaken the spine, causing a herniated disk or a pinched nerve.
- Personal Injury: You can hurt your neck during a slip-and-fall accident, an auto accident, and when playing sports. One neck injury in an auto accident is whiplash, which is where the head and neck are violently thrust forward or backward on impact.
- Mental Stress: Some people might tighten their neck muscles when stressed, which can lead to neck stiffness and pain. It might be hard to realize you are abnormally tightening your neck muscles before the neck pain starts.
How a Chiropractor Diagnoses Neck Pain
When you visit a chiropractic doctor for neck pain treatment, he or she might start by looking at your medical history and asking some questions about your symptoms. A chiropractor on our team might then carry out a limited physical examination to check your neck and head alignment, tenderness, and other signs of strain. A chiropractor on our team might order imaging tests such as X-rays.
Chiropractic Treatment for Neck Pain
After your diagnosis, a chiropractor on our team will help create for you a personalized chiropractic treatment plan which can include:
- Chiropractic Adjustments: A chiropractor on our team will apply gentle and targeted adjustments to your back or neck to potentially help improve circulation and pain relief.
- Corrective Exercises: We can prescribe corrective exercises to strengthen neck muscles to help facilitate healing and potentially help prevent reinjury.
- Lifestyle Advice: If something in your life, like poor posture, is causing your neck pain, we can provide advice to help you avoid triggering your neck pain in the future.
Visit Us for Personal Injury and Auto Accident Injury Treatment
Visit us at to Premier Chiropractic Clinic, serving (412) 444-8455 McMurray, PA, and (412) 341-2505 Pittsburgh, PA, area. Our chiropractors are can help treat a personal injury and other musculoskeletal complications. Contact us today, and we will happily share more insights about chiropractic care. Call us for more information.